Drug name: Caverject
Generic name: Alprostadil
Use: Erectile dysfunction
Caverject is a drug used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence. The active ingredient contained in Caverject is called alprostadil which is a type of medication called a prostaglandin. Prostaglandin is a chemical normally found naturally in the body; however in patients with ED this chemical is reduced. It works by causing certain blood vessels to widen while also relaxing the muscle walls. This allows the patient to get an erection and maintain it long enough for intercourse. Your doctor may recommend it for other purposes not listed.
Caverject Side Effects
The possible Caverject side effects include:
• A rash on the skin of your penis;
• Back pain;
• Cough, stuffy nose, cold symptoms, flu symptoms;
• Headache, dizziness;
• Itching, warmth, or numbness of your penis;
• Mild pain in your penis, urethra, or testicles;
• Unusual discharge from your penis.
More serious side effects may include:
• A painful erection that lasts 4 hours or longer;
• Bleeding, bruising, or swelling where you injected the medication;
• Feeling light-headed, fainting;
• Redness, lumps, tenderness, unusual shape or curving of the erect penis.
• Severe pain or irritation of your penis or urethra;
• Trouble urinating, blood in your urine.
Caverject Safety in Pregnancy and Children
Before purchasing, tell your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions:
• A bleeding or blood-clotting disorder;
• A curved or deformed penis;
• A disease that could be passed in blood (such as hepatitis or HIV).
• A history of blood clots;
• A tumor of the bone marrow (multiple myeloma);
• Heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension);
• If you have a penile implant;
• If you have been told you should not have sexual intercourse for health reasons;
• Penile fibrosis or Peyronie's disease;
• Sickle cell anemia or the sickle cell anemia trait.
Caverject is pregnancy category X and can cause birth defects. It is for use in men only and should not be taken or handled by women. Do not handle this medication if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding. You should use a condom if having sexual intercourse with a woman who is pregnant while taking this medication. Caverject (Alprostadil) is suitable for use in adult males over 18 years only. There may be some other drugs which can interact with Caverject (Alprostadil), including blood pressure medications and blood thinners. Always seek advice from your doctor if you are taking any other medications.
“I was recommended this pharmacy by a friend as I felt embarrassed about buying my ED drugs in the pharmacy store, and I was really impressed with the service and the cost. The drugs were sent directly to me and it means I can deal with my problem from the comfort and privacy of my own home.” – Mike, NJ
The content on this page has been supplied to CanadaPharmacOnline by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website.
CanadaPharmacyOnline relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy.
We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and the United States.
The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions.
The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.