Drug name: Imitrex
Generic name: Sumatriptan
Imitrex is a drug used to treat migraine headaches, however it is not intended for the treatment of regular headaches. It contains sumatriptan which is believed to narrow the blood vessels in the brain which reduces pressure and subsequently pain. It is not known exactly how it works. Symptoms that can be treated using this medication include pain in the head, sensitivity to light and nausea (feeling sick), as it is thought to reduce the substances in the body that cause these symptoms to occur. It works fast to relieve migraines that have already begun, but it is not for the prevention of future migraine headaches. We currently have brand GSK Imitrex and generic Sumatriptan available in stock. Call us at 1-866-920-3784 (toll-free) or email us.
The possible side effects include:
• Burning, numbness or pain in your nose/throat after using the nasal spray;
• Dizziness, spinning sensation, drowsiness;
• Feeling hot or cold;
• Mild headache (not a migraine);
• Nausea, vomiting, drooling;
• Pressure or heavy feeling in any part of your body;
• Unusual taste in your mouth after using the nasal spray;
• Warmth, redness, or mild tingling under your skin;
More serious side effects may include:
• Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
• Feeling of pain or tightness in your jaw, neck, or throat;
• Numbness or tingling and a pale or blue-colored appearance in your fingers or toes;
• Seizure (convulsions);
• Sudden and severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea;
• Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
• Sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
• (If you are also taking an antidepressant) -- agitation, hallucinations, fever, fast heart rate, overactive reflexes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting.
If you still have questions about side effects we always suggest further conversations with your doctor.
Safety in Pregnancy and Children
Before you purchase this medication, tell your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions:
• A headache that seems different from your usual migraine headaches;
• Any heart or blood disease or condition;
• Epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
• Ischemic bowel disease;
• Kidney disease;
• Severe liver disease.
Imitrex is in pregnancy category C (studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus). You must discuss the risks and benefits of using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding with your doctor. It can pass into breast milk. This medication is safe for use in adults over the age of 18 years.
“I used to get really bad migraines at work and I felt almost debilitated by them, but since taking this new Imitrex drug my migraines disappear within a few minutes!” – George, Carolina
The generic alternative is not manufactured by the company that makes the brand product.
The content on this page has been supplied to CanadaPharmacOnline by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website.
CanadaPharmacyOnline relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy.
We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and the United States.
The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions.
The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.