Prempro (Conjugated Estrogens + Medroxyprogesterone)
Drug name: Prempro
Generic name: Conjugated estrogens/Medroxyprogesterone
Use: Treatment of menopause symptoms and prevention of osteoporosis in women.
Prempro is a drug prescribed for the treatment of the symptoms of menopause. The symptoms of the menopause that can be treated using this medication include hot flashes and vaginal dryness or burning. It is also used to prevent osteoporosis in post-menopausal women. This medication contains conjugated estrogens, which is a naturally occurring hormone that is important for many bodily functions. It also contains medroxyprogesterone which is another naturally occurring female hormone. We currently have brand Prempro (0.625 mg/2.5 mg), Pfizer Prempro (0.625 mg/5 mg), Wyeth Prempro (0.3 mg/1.5 mg), and generic conjugated estrogens (0.625 mg/2.5 mg, 0.625 mg/5 mg) available in stock. Call us at 1-866-920-3784 (toll-free) or email us.
The most common side effects include:
• Acne, increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
• Breast pain, tenderness, or swelling;
• Changes in weight or appetite;
• Changes in your menstrual periods, decreased sex drive;
• Freckles or darkening of facial skin;
• Headache, nervousness, dizziness, tired feeling;
• Mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach pain;
• Problems with contact lenses;
• Vaginal itching or discharge;
More common side effects may include:
• A breast lump;
• Abnormal vaginal bleeding;
• Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
• Confusion, problems with memory or concentration;
• Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
• Migraine headache;
• Pain or swelling in your lower leg;
• Pain, swelling, or tenderness in your stomach;
• Sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
• Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
• Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
If you still have questions about side effects we always suggest further conversations with your doctor.
Safety in Pregnancy and Children
Before you purchase this medication, tell your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions:
• A personal or family history of stroke;
• Epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
• Gallbladder disease;
• High blood pressure, heart disease, or circulation problems;
• High cholesterol or triglycerides;
• High or low levels of calcium in your blood;
• If you have had your uterus removed (hysterectomy);
• Liver or kidney disease;
• Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE);
• Underactive thyroid.
Prempro is in pregnancy category X (causes birth defects). Discuss the risks and benefits of using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is for use in adults only, and should not be used in children.
“I am 58 now and have no problems while taking Prempro. It works great on me without any side effects. All the sweating and hot flash symptoms are gone! I felt lucky that did not need to try other pills!” – Susanna, Ohio
The content on this page has been supplied to CanadaPharmacOnline by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website.
CanadaPharmacyOnline relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy.
We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, and the United States.
The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions.
The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.
All prices are in US dollars.